Q. How will you support people affected by demolition?

Demolition is only one part of the scheme. We will actually be building or refurbishing twice as many homes as we plan to demolish.

However, we do realise that demolition plans can cause a lot of concern for the residents affected. If you are affected by these plans, you can talk to a Community Housing Officer (Oldham) or Property Adviser (Rochdale) at your neighbourhood office or in your home. They can give you information about the package of support we have developed. This includes financial compensation, independent financial advice, welfare rights advice and a range of options to help people buy the new home they want – including a special equity share scheme.

Other FAQs